Who Are We?
We build products and relationships that last a lifetime! No really, that’s what we do. We are a successful family business with a long-term record of steady growth, and we are determined to accelerate our trajectory. Check out our websites at www.strong-hold.com, www.fabricatedmetals.com, and www.utilitymetals.com. Our diverse team of 285 members who speak 22 languages are passionate about their company and their co-workers. We’re both growing and developing our current workforce to enable us to meet our growth goals.
We seek a part time security officer(s), preferably a sworn peace officer currently employed with a local law enforcement agency, to elevate our security posture. Presence is part of the equation, but more important is community interaction. We believe that by getting to know our team and being present at key activities, we can prevent problems with employee disputes, poor performance reviews or hostile dismissals before they occur.
We Are Not:
- Fancy – we are manufacturers who believe beautiful facilities are NOT required to make quality products or retain the best team. We don’t live in a rough part of town, but the neighborhood has challenges.
- High Tech – we incorporate technology into our products and business processes where appropriate, but technology doesn’t drive us. Most of our buildings were built in the 50s; we don’t have card readers on doors or cameras yet.
- Transactional – we have long term relationships with our team members and most valuable customers. We’re looking for the same thing with this role.
- Satisfied – we celebrate achievement, then set our sights on new goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Able and willing to be present for two to three hours per week at times we designate. We will provide a list of options of times that we believe offer the best chances for interaction (all hands meetings, shift changes etc.). You can choose which times fit your schedule that week.
- We operate 2 shifts in 3 of our 4 buildings, but 3 shifts in our largest facility. You’re able to be present (spend at least 1 hour, 2-3 times per week) during one of the following time slots; Monday-Thursday 0630 – 1100 or 1430 p- 1800. If you can’t do that, you can find someone interested in sharing these duties with you.
- You live in our neighborhood (Strawberry Lane), but if not, we want you to be able to stop by without driving too far out of your way.
- Relationship builder. We want someone who enjoys interacting with people and has interest in getting to know our company’s leaders and team members beyond just a friendly wave.
- Creative thinker. A target that appears hardened is. You’re willing to think outside the box when it comes to where and when you park your marked car.
- Level Headed. You seek to defuse a crisis before it occurs but are prepared to act quickly if one does.
- Lots of patience and high emotional intelligence. The ability and desire to work with people who will challenge you yet see you as a key contributing team member…and willingness to have fun.
- Experience performing this kind of security work or in lieu of, experience in community-based policing. Military experience in a counterinsurgency environment definitely counts.
- Ability to provide confidential counsel to senior leaders.
We’re going to do our best to make sure you’re a good fit before we waste your time with a face-to-face interview. That may mean a telephone interview or some online assessments and remote interviewing tools.
If you’re interested, please send your resume and/or employment history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements. Fabricated Metals LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veterans status.