Who We Are:
We build products and relationships that last a lifetime! No really, that’s what we do. We are a successful family business with a long-term record of steady growth and are determined to get better in 2018. We have folks from all over the US and the world on our team. Our product solutions sit at the top of their categories for both price and quality. We love building unique products for our customers. Check out our websites www.strong-hold.com, www.fabricatedmetals.com, and www.utilitymetals.com. We treat our customers like family. We expect one improvement idea per person per week. Our team members are passionate about their coworkers and customers. We are searching for the best folks in their field.
Who We Aren’t:
Fancy – we are manufacturers who believe beautiful facilities are NOT required to make quality products. We burn, bend, weld, paint and assemble you guessed it, metal. Quiet – every idea and opinion matters. Hands off – our management team meets every day on the shop floor. Satisfied – we set then celebrate the achievement of goals. Then we just set the next goal a little bit higher. Happy with selling the same products every day – happy with status quo.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
What we’re looking for:
- A guy or gal just out of school or recently graduated (last 5 years) with a BA or BS. A business-related degree would be great but so would any degree program that helped you learn how to think analytically. Any purchasing experience will be a plus for you! If you have more than 5 years of experience, you really don’t want to start over, do you?
- Like to haggle with vendors, ie, flea market, car insurance guys? You would be responsible for negotiating pricing and delivery of steel and aluminum materials, hardware, shop supplies and other materials needed for producing product.
- Want to learn about lean? You get to work with production supervisors in maintaining production purchasing boards and be a champion of continual improvement in purchasing processes.
- We want a forward thinking, creative, innovative, and motivated go-getter!
- Are you picky? You get to select and evaluate suppliers per Quality program.
- Detailed? We need someone who can issue Purchase Orders and ensure specific job specs are reflected on PO along with any other details.
- Responsible for confirming/tracking/expediting POs as needed.
- Maintain all purchasing documents as required by Quality program.
- Monitor direct ship purchases.
- Return incorrect/damaged/unneeded material and supplies and follow up to ensure credits are received
- Like to meet people? You get to meet with vendors and occasionally visit their distribution locations to discuss products and prices
- Do you have an inquisitive mind? You get to go to meetings, trade shows and conferences to keep abreast of industry trends and network with suppliers as required.
- How analytical are you? We want you to analyze proposals and financial reports to determine reasonable prices. We want you to dig into those numbers! Know accounting – Awesome!!
- Don’t want your career to stop at purchasing? We have lots of room for individual growth! We value moving high performing team members into roles that support a career path of their interest.
Excellent benefits offered including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K and paid holidays!
Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Fabricated Metals LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements. Fabricated Metals LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veterans status.