Who We Are:
We build products and relationships that last a lifetime! No really, that’s what we do. We are a successful family business with a long-term record of steady growth and are determined to get better in 2018. We have folks from all over the US and the world on our team. Our product solutions sit at the top of their categories for both price and quality. We love building unique products for our customers. Check out our websites www.strong-hold.com, www.fabricatedmetals.com, and www.utilitymetals.com. We treat our customers like family. We expect one improvement idea per person per week. Our team members are passionate about their coworkers and customers. We are searching for the best folks in their field.
Who We Aren’t:
Fancy – we are manufacturers who believe beautiful facilities are NOT required to make quality products. We burn, bend, weld, paint and assemble you guessed it, metal. Quiet – every idea and opinion matters. Hands off – our management team meets every day on the shop floor. Satisfied – we set then celebrate the achievement of goals. Then we just set the next goal a little bit higher. Happy with selling the same products every day – happy with status quo.
What we’re looking for:
- BSME or equivalent. You have at least five years of experience with a good understanding of FEA and product design. You have a strong understanding of simple beam like structures.
- You have created drawings and bills of material, ordered prototypes, evaluated prototypes including testing if required, and completed finished design packet for drafting to use on orders. You have a strong background in 3D modeling software, preferably Autodesk Inventor software.
- Work closely with Product Development Manager, VP of Engineering, and Director of Sales during design, development, and launch of new products and on cost-out projects for existing ones. Make sure product designs retain a balance between cost, manufacturability, customer exceptions, quality goals, and engineering requirements by leading communication between parties. Don’t like working in a team setting? Don’t apply.
- Take a basic product definition, create a design that utilizes the manufacturing capability of production floor, meets cost estimates, is desirable to the market, and pushes the envelope in modularity, features, or market share. Have you given up on a design? We don’t need you. You find solutions when a design doesn’t work the first time and redesign to the perfect product? We absolutely need you!
- Research and evaluate purchased components looking for better solutions to current problems as well as providing additional features to current products. We need creative thinkers and innovators! You seek out projects from observation of production and the industry – Awesome!
- From observing the manufacturing process, identify and drive design improvements to take cost out and reduce lead time. Are you too timid to suggest improvements in other departments? We need someone who speaks up if they see an improvement that will save time and money!
- Ensure designs meet customer’s strength requirements as well as industry standard engineering specification and/or design codes. You understand and interpret engineering specifications and codes.
- Assist in new machinery installations from an installation project manager view point as well as technical expertise on new capabilities.
- Able to balance work between several projects, regardless of their differences or magnitude.
- Dynamic on the go guys/gals. Can you do woodworking, crafts, or into art? Do you get excited when you see a design and know you can build it better?
- Independent workers. Our engineering group is small and we support three different industries. You will take ownership on one industry and assist as needed in the others.
- Proven stable work history in a manufacturing environment or no interest in having 5 jobs in 4 years. It’s not a badge of honor.
- Interest in having some of your compensation based on company performance which you help drive.
We’re going to do our best to make sure you’re a good fit before we waste your time or ours with a face to face interview. Do you have a resume? Can you record a video answering a few questions? Then why haven’t you applied yet?
Salary commensurate experience.
Excellent benefits offered including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K and paid holidays!
Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Fabricated Metals LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements. Fabricated Metals LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veterans status.