Who Are We?
We build products and relationships that last a lifetime! No really, that’s what we do. We are a successful family business with a long-term record of steady growth, and we are determined to accelerate our trajectory. Check out our websites at www.strong-hold.com, www.fabricatedmetals.com, and www.utilitymetals.com. Our diverse team members who speak 22 languages are passionate about their company and their co-workers. We reward for performance.
We Are Not:
- Fancy – we are manufacturers who believe beautiful facilities are NOT required to make quality products or retain the best team.
- High Tech – we incorporate technology into our products and business processes where appropriate, but technology doesn’t drive us.
- Transactional – we have long term relationships with our team members, vendors and most valuable customers.
- Satisfied – we celebrate achievement, then set our sights on new goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for winning. Achieving goals and continuous improvement drive you. You live by metrics.
- Experience purchasing for a manufacturer or complex entity with multiple commodity types; preferably with purchasing raw steel and aluminum.
- You want exposure to senior company leaders and to have your voice heard on strategy.
- A negotiator. Able to assess the zone of possible negotiated agreements and develop strategies to increase your chances of success. You are systematic in your approach, plan before you begin, and are successful. Proven skills managing a supplier relationship highly preferred.
- An analyst at heart. You enjoy cleaning data, extracting insights, looking for patterns, and prioritizing areas for savings projects.
- Proven ability to deliver savings from purchased goods- raw materials, sourced finished goods, or services.
- Lots of patience and high emotional intelligence. The ability and desire to work with people who will challenge you.
- A people person. You’ll have to work alongside a diverse team and be able to persuade them to assist you. Willing and able to teach those with tenure in the organization but limited formal training on best practices in Purchasing. Can you teach?
- A hard worker. There is more opportunity in our organization than you can shake a stick at, but it will require dedication. This is not a 9 to 5 job.
- You love to improve processes. You establish new policy and see it through.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel with diverse experience with commodities management. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains highly preferred. You can use these tools in place of buttoned-up ERP systems that provide perfect, cleaned data like magic.
- Proved your intelligence and determination by completing a bachelor’s degree in a business or related field.
- Solid Experience. Preferred at least 5-10 years’ experience in a similar Purchasing role.
- The right education. Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, finance, business or related field highly preferred.
We’re going to do our best to make sure you’re a good fit before we waste your time with a face-to-face interview. Yep, that means some online assessments and remote interviewing tools. Sound familiar? Then why haven’t you applied yet?
Must be able to pass all pre-employment requirements. Fabricated Metals LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veterans status.